St Martin of Tours Parish Guidelines for Re-opening
The Church will open at 8.00 am and Morning Mass at 8.30 am. (No registration required)
The Church will open at 8.30 am and Morning Mass at 9.00 am. (No registration required)
GUIDELINES FOR RETURNING TO CHURCH–RESOURCE FOR THE FAITHFUL ARCHDIOCESE OF TORONTO
- Please remain at home if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Upon arrival, put on mask/face covering before entering church (for all those over the age of 3). • Parishes will likely be using one entrance only. Follow direction of volunteers, signage as appropriate.
- Sanitize hands upon entry and regularly wherever possible. Please bring your own sanitizer for use during M
- Pews and aisles will be marked to note physical distancing requirements. Families and households living at the same residence may sit together; the same 2 metre (6 ft.) distance should be maintained concerning others. Follow direction of ushers for seating.
- Pews will be emptied of prayer books, hymnals, etc. Parish bulletins will not be published at this time.
- Holy Water fonts will be empty and not in use at this time.
- Please do not enter the sacristy unless you have been asked to assist during Mass.
- Other than a cantor appropriately physically distanced, there will be no singing at Mass until further notice.
- There will be no offertory procession or collection. Please leave donation in the designated basket upon arrival/departure as directed.
- We ask that people do not hold hands or shake hands during any portion of the celebration of the Eucharist. At the Sign of Peace, a nod or bow to others is appropriate.
- Masks/face coverings should be removed prior to reception of Holy Communion and put back on after consumption.
- During this time of pandemic and under the guidance of local medical health officials, the faithful are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand by placing one on top of the other, allowing the Eucharistic Minister to safely place the Body of Christ in one’s hand without contact.
- Follow direction of ushers for communion flow, ensuring physical distancing at all times.
- Follow direction provided for dismissal and departure – exits may be different than those you are accustomed to.
Conclusion of Holy Mass:
Please depart the church so that cleaning may commence. While it is our nature to congregate/socialize in the foyer or parking lot, we ask you NOT to do so at this time. Please maintain physical distancing.
- Please use washrooms only if absolutely necessary. One person or family at a time should be in the washroom. Ensure that all wash their hands with warm, soapy water after using washroom facilities. Please respect physical distancing outside the washroom.
- If, within 14 days of attending Mass, you learn that you or someone in your family who attended Mass with you has tested positive for COVID-19, you are asked to: a) contact the Ontario Public Health Authority; and, b) contact the parish office. Your identity will not be revealed to anyone other than the Public Health Authority, and only to ensure that any spread is contained. (see: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment; you can also call Telehealth (1-866-797-0000), the local Public Health unit, or your family doctor).
*** Cardinal Collins has extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for the foreseeable future. If, for legitimate reason, you are unable to attend, or even to participate on livestreamed Mass, you are still obliged by Divine precept to keep the Lord’s holy.
*** The Adoration Chapel will remain closed for the time being.
*** Please do your best to use washroom facilities at home before arriving. In the event of genuine necessity, bathroom use will be limited to no more than 1 person at a time.
*** Please do not touch statues, images or holy paintings at any time.
*** If you test positive for Covid-19 virus within 14 days of any visit to the St Martin of Tours Parish, please inform the office here so that we can take appropriate care of you and those with whom you may have been in contact.
*** These norms will be updated for the week of Monday 22 June – Sunday 28 June; please watch our website for week by week updates as our plan develops and changes and improvements made.
May God bless each one of you and your families. Wishing you all a very Happy Feast of the Corpus Christi.
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Gijo Muthanattu
Fr. Jose Joseph
Deacon Miguel DaSilva